REALPAYER KEEPS COMING UP ON SUPRENOVA DOWNLOADS!

egokiller 13:36 29 Jul 2004

PLease help I use opera on windows XP -
Every time I try and download an item from suprnova instead of the usual small download box with the blue strip appearing ...(as it normally does!)..I am now continually getting Realplayer 10 loading up automatically trying to play the file that hasnt even started downloading yet ?..for some reason the download will not even start and I cant seem to stop Realplayer from coming up staright away...it had been working fine..I did delete the early downloads from my opera transfer list..but only the files I had fully completed and watched or listened too...I cant see how this would effect the already working bittorrant?..also where as previously on downloading a file I would get 2 files for my efforts - i.e a bittorrant and the named file(realplayer.m-peg etc)...showing as downloaded ...now the bittorrant file does't appear...?any ideas
thank you
sorry about the spelling..
egokiller (new to computers!)

Indigo 1 14:19 29 Jul 2004

Try uninstalling Real Player then download again

pj123 14:33 29 Jul 2004

RealPlayer is a Real Pain. Do what I did, try JetAudio free from click here Once it is installed and set up it does everything that Realplayer does and more.
To set Jetaudio up run it, go to Preferences, File Type Association and in the right hand window select Check All, then Udate and OK.

matthew-293741 14:50 29 Jul 2004

All you need to do is to save the file that you intend to NICK from suprnova...then when you have it on your desktop...right clcik and use "open with" rather than just double clicking the icon. Its simple...RMP just overides the BT program you are using...same as if you use Shareaza etc...just make sure you save the file you want to desktop before you start downloading and all will be fine

byfordr 15:35 29 Jul 2004

tbf plenty of legit stuff available via torrent...

matthew-293741 15:44 29 Jul 2004

Fair does...but if you want spiderman 2...thats all i'm saying...

byfordr 22:00 29 Jul 2004

see what your saying ;-)

not a bad film (saw it in the cinema!)

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone