Really want to know how to sue PC World or get a r

[email protected] 12:13 09 Jul 2010

I bought Toshiba L450d/ 11x on 5 Th Jan 2010, it not even six months, the laptop started getting held, restarted in the middle of any work , heating up and lastly the replacing of hard drive error displayed on the screen. I decided to visit pc world mile end store, I went there and they asked me to call techguys, I was not even aware of these un skill full and unreliable people. I called them and they sent dpd courier people ( I never had met some one with that worse attitude, O MG they were dramatically rude and shouting at me on 25 Th June because they wanted me to get with all that thing done in 2 Min, while running downstairs from my flat they were hitting the box in which they were carrying the laptop in the walls) and then i placed a call to the techguys about their rude behaviour and told them my suspicion that my laptop might be further damaged. the person with the name Marcus didn't even bother, i assume because when the dpd people came for delivering my laptop back they where again rude, this time they shouted very high and abused me by saying stupid. the reason was that I was not willing to sign until an unless I first check the body of the laptop, after all I decided to sign and then noticed that there were scratches on the laptop. at that time I started arguing about the condition I gave my laptop, they got horrifying and took the laptop with them. Since then I have been calling them and complaining but I don't know what to do and I just have the purchase receipt and delivery sticker, which they didn't take when they came to deliver it back. I am a student and I always need the laptop, I invested really big amount of £460 on that laptop and now I am looking forward to sue the company. Can any one please help me by guiding where to start from as my laptop is still with dpd people as I tracked on their website and they might deliver next week but I want either to sue them and claim compensation or to get a replacement of my laptop.

Sea Urchin 13:21 09 Jul 2010

I would make an appointment at your local Citizens Advice Bureau at the Town Hall - they will give you some guidance as to what to do and how to proceed.

[email protected] 15:17 09 Jul 2010

Thank you soo much,
please arrange the meeting in coming week after monday. I am really worried in this developed part of the world.

iscanut 15:50 09 Jul 2010

Just a tip..Do not give your email out on these or any other web pages that are open to public eyes !

Dark Mantis 16:02 09 Jul 2010

I would go or ring the Trading Standards Office or the Office of Fair Trading(they both cover the same areas) and they should be able to sort it out for you. They have a lot of clout and can get things done. There should be an office near you.

Changed 16:20 09 Jul 2010

On an advice of iscanut, i have made changes

Woolwell 17:17 09 Jul 2010

Contact Consumer Direct click here and take their advice.

Sea Urchin 18:58 09 Jul 2010

can you please gimme your numbers as i am feeling as my email id is hacked, to avoid any further problem i wud like to have guidance on phone coz i changed my id over here but i cant login direct with out getting transfered from my email nitification, and when ever i changes my password it again changes over here, i dont know what is happening.

Dark Mantis 21:57 09 Jul 2010

I also received the same email. I was trying to work out if it was some kind of scam(sounded like it) or if the guy was truly have problems.

Changed 22:10 09 Jul 2010

dat was not a scam, it was really a problem i dont know why but now it is resolved. i can excess directly. that might have occoured because i changed my email id of my account according to iscanuts advice

lotvic 22:11 09 Jul 2010

You say "i wud like to have guidance on phone"
as Woolwell has advised
You need 'Consumer Direct' Call an adviser for help or advice: 08454 04 05 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires