Is this really a virus.

Meshuga 21:54 11 Apr 2005

I ran a scan with escan free AV tool and it showed "File system infected be Narrator Spyware/adware virus. No action taken" unless I buy escan. I then ran scans with ad-aware, spybot,spysubtract,A-squared, Giant anti spyware and Norton AV. All these came up clean. Is this another case of a false positive to get me to buy escan and if not, how can I get rid of this virus without buying escan? Meshuga.

VoG II 22:02 11 Apr 2005

Check if you have these symptoms click here click here

Scan with A2.

Meshuga 22:16 11 Apr 2005

Hello VoG,Have checked your "click here`s" and cant see any of the symptoms mentioned and,as already mentioned, have scanned with A2 and a full system scan with NAV. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 07:36 12 Apr 2005

Bump

john-232317 08:31 12 Apr 2005

Morning, probably false positive click here=

Meshuga 08:45 12 Apr 2005

Good morning dadyassa. Thank you for replying.As you will have seen I have run a number of different scans that have shown nothing. The only scans that I have ever run that show nasties are the ones that offer free scans but if you want to remove anything you have to pay for the full version. There`s a moral there somewhere. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?