This is a really emerengy (Not Blus Screen Death)

User-361D919A-9369-49DD-BB21C57F113ABA43 17:06 25 Mar 2010

Help,
I really need sound. Yesterday my speakers were working fine (they were on the Vincylne or something don't know how to spell it) Now they are on Line In. I try switching them back to Vincylne but it isn't in the speaker menu. I accessed it by control Panel. Run Windows XP. Any ideas! I really need the speakers. Tried headphones via speakers and directly be computer.
Specs:
XP Home Edition SP3

Technotiger 17:12 25 Mar 2010

Make sure the speakers are connected to the Green speaker socket on the PC.

john bunyan 17:19 25 Mar 2010

I am a little confused as to the cause. 1. I would check if the speakers are ok (I had a pair where an internal fuse blew) by plugging in headphones into the speaker outlet. If that works ,and the speakers dont maybe there is a fault in them. Second, I had a problem (maybe caused by the speaker fault), whereby the output of my sound card stopped even though the card showed ok in device manager.Had to buy a new sound card.
Do you have a separate sound card, and have you looked in Device Manager to see if there is a little yellow triangle against it? Try right clicking and update or reinstall drivers whilst in device manager.

john bunyan 17:22 25 Mar 2010

Also, see here and follow links.
click here

I have checked the speakers on laptop. There fine. Checked Device Manger. No yellow marks. Speakers are connected to green socket.

Will check the speakers latter on again. The power did go off suddenly mind you. it went of yesterday.

Speakers work fine on lappy. Why do I not have the opition in Sound Settings to change it from #Line in 1 to to the other V one as this is the channel the speakers are on.

ame 16:00 26 Mar 2010

Don't you need to tell us what sound card or onboard sound you have?

Sorry ame. I done a restart and went into the bios and reset the system case opening and reloaded optized defaults as I had overclocked to Sempron 2800+ from 2GHz to 2.84GHz.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017