Real signature in e-mails

anskyber 16:41 10 Dec 2007

I received an e-mail with a scanned(?) or whatever, "real" signature of the sender at the end of the e-mail.

Can anyone help, how can I do this without buying another bit of hardware, there's no more room left!

As always many thanks for your help.

(I'm on Vista home premium, I have Outlook 2003, a scanner and very little grey matter.)

johnnyrocker 16:44 10 Dec 2007

try writing on a piec of paper, scan it and save then use the signature application in oe to insert it?

johnny.

anskyber 16:48 10 Dec 2007

Yes that was my first thought, perhaps I should have stuck with my first ideas.

johnnyrocker 16:56 10 Dec 2007

best sometimes;)

johnny

Graham. 17:29 10 Dec 2007

Better effect, write it in Lucida Handwriting. Saves scanning.

anskyber 17:34 10 Dec 2007

Thanks, but my signature is unintelligible so folks expect it.

Graham. 17:47 10 Dec 2007

Let me know if you succeed, I'm struggling...

wiz-king 18:11 10 Dec 2007

Use 'paint' or similar program to create your signature then insert it into a Word document, add any other text you want on the bottom of you email, then use that document as a 'signature' in outlook.

octal 18:17 10 Dec 2007

'scuse guy's, I might be being a little picky, but is it wise to put a copy of your actual siggy on the bottom of emails? I'm thinking security an all that.

I'm probably totally wrong.

mfletch 18:27 10 Dec 2007

Hi

This is for outlook express/ outlook may be the same?

To add a signature to outgoing messages

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Signatures tab.
To create a signature, click New and then either enter text in the Edit Signature box or click File, and then find the text or HTML file you'd like to use.
Select the Add signatures to all outgoing messages check box.
Notes

To use different signatures for different accounts, in the Signatures area, select the signature, click Advanced, and then select the account you want to use the signature with.
To use a signature on individual messages only, make sure to clear Add signatures to all outgoing messages. When you compose the message, on the Insert menu, point to Signatures, and then click the signature you want to use.

mfletch

Ashrich 19:07 10 Dec 2007

I don't know what file system signatures use , but if you scan in your handwritten signature and save it as a bitmap then import it into OE/Windows mail ( whichever ) it might just work . Tools/options/signatures , bottom half ( edit signature ) gives an Import option , import saved bitmap .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?