Real player labeled my wma files

mammak 22:21 20 May 2007

Not a big problem but I downloaded Real Player for the sole purpose of playback for my videos from my Digital camera! now all my music (and there is loads) have been tagged by Real player I prefer Windows Media Player for playback is the only option I have is to uninstall Real player?

it was one of those senior moments I was not paying attention and all that!

but I feel that Real player has nicked my music :-( I want it back to Windows Media as default

and every last tune is legal and paid for by the by.

via explorer
tools
folder options
view file types
scroll to wma and change back to media player

brundle 22:29 20 May 2007

Uninstall Realplayer and use Realalternative instead.
click here
Once RealPlayer has been removed open Windows Media Player, go to Options, click the Filetypes tab, put at tick in the WMA/Windows Media Audio box.

brundle 22:30 20 May 2007

RealPlayer will keep changing the association back unless you remove it or spend some time going through the options.

mammak 22:34 20 May 2007

Will try both your sugestions and get back thanks might not be tonight though as I am way past my bed time as it is :-)

mammak 21:30 23 May 2007

Thank you both I have uninstalled Real player and all is back to normal,

brundle I am about to install your suggestion Real alternative thank you mammak.

mammak 21:37 23 May 2007

zipman 20:50 25 Sep 2007

Is it possible to convert Realplayer Video files to Windows Media Player, If so any suggestions as to what i could use to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?