Real Player Download not working

rawprawn 17:38 27 Jun 2010

I have used Real Player download for some time with no problems, however it has stopped offering to download video.
I have used system restore, and uninstalled using Revo then reinstalled without success.
I am looking for any solutions

rdave13 19:11 27 Jun 2010

Have you checked that real player add-on is enabled?

rawprawn 19:28 27 Jun 2010

Hi, yes enabled in both IE and Firefox.
I have just done an Acronis recovery to when I am fairly sure it was working, but it still is no good.

rdave13 19:49 27 Jun 2010

Don't know if it's anything to do with this? click here

pa1916 22:33 27 Jun 2010

This is like a slow Cancer this may of use it may not in January of this year AOL Radio Blocked CBS Radio blocked CMT very limited some Contactmusic Videos blocked the streaming of video from the USA is now slowly getting cut off as there has been no problems over the years it looks like Sony Music has seen it's arse.
I know these sites are Country music but other music from the USA must now have this problem.

rdave13 22:40 27 Jun 2010

I can't make sense of your post. Could you try again. I think I know what you are trying to say but not sure.

pa1916 01:33 28 Jun 2010

What i ment was i to have problems with streaming
American music because they are now blocked as i said in my last post.
I don't use Real player thats why i said my info might be of use it may not why videos don't load.

rawprawn 09:20 28 Jun 2010

Sorry for the delay but still no luck, I have tried all kinds of different sites and I can't download any so I don't think it's a blocking problem.
I will try uninstalling a gain and then reinstalling using a different profile later today. I will let you know how I get on.

rdave13 10:10 28 Jun 2010

Just installed it on XP and it's downloading ok. Wonder if it is a firewall setting that's changed?

rawprawn 10:23 28 Jun 2010

I have done as I said and I can get nothing at all in Firefox but in IE I get no "Download this video" sign but if I right click I can select "Download ro Real Video Player" Unfortunateley I then get a Script Error and a note that the clip is not downloadable from the site.
No further on I'm afraid.
I will try with KIS turned off.

rawprawn 11:40 28 Jun 2010

It made no difference with KIS turned off

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache