Real Player

Tony W. 09:46 12 Jun 2008

Can anyone please help regarding the following.Each time I log to my computer-the Real Player screen automatically appears with a message that says "clip not found Real player could not locate it,if you have deleted or cannot find this clip click her"..Does anybody know why this should happen or how I can stop it from coming up each time.Thank you.Tony.W.

Technotiger 09:58 12 Jun 2008

I would strongly advise you to completely remove Real Player from your PC.

An excellent alternative is at click here

options> messages> preferences> messages> untick new messages.
this will stop real from starting with windows.

clock 11:17 12 Jun 2008

Interesting subject this. Much as I dislike Real Player's attempts to take over, I needed it for access to various BBC language/history programmes and had to download it specially!

I have Windows Media Player as my preferred option, but Real Player just keeps on popping up from time to time with little messages!! So I will try adman 2's tip!

Hope it works for you Tony W,

Regards, Clock

advice for other, it gives you the option when you install, un tick, work with ie, use as preferred player, auto update and messages. it will not show in any services or msconfig.
or as 'TT' says use the alternative.

Tony W. 12:45 12 Jun 2008

Dear Clock.I also have Widows Media Player as my default player and like you had a reason to install Real Player. This was to be able to view certain Photoshop tutorials that I use a lot.

I agree that it does have a habit of popping up when its not needed?.Anmyway I have followed adman2s advice(FOR WHICH MANY THANKS ADMAN 2)and will keep you posted.

If the problem continues I will then download and install "Real Alternative" as suggested by Technotiger(AND AGAIN THANK YOU TO YOU TECHNOTIGER FOR THE ADVICE)If I do will let you know how it worksout and performs.Best wishes,Tony.W.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?