Real Player

NarcosisBoy 16:15 21 Apr 2005

How is it that I make real player my default player? MP10 doesn't play many of my mpegs for some reason but real will so anyone know how to change my mpegs to automatically play on real and not MP10

Cheers

Narc

Yoda Knight 16:29 21 Apr 2005

I wouldnt use Real Player, its a resource hog and general pain in the rear. Winamp is much easier to use, configurable, etc, etc, etc

Give it a try click here

ventanas 16:29 21 Apr 2005

Right click on an MP3 file and hover the mouse over Open With (do not click). If the program you want is not in the list click on Choose program. Select the program you want (Real Player) and check the box to always use this program.

ventanas 16:30 21 Apr 2005

Have to agree with Yoda Knight though.

NarcosisBoy 16:35 21 Apr 2005

OK going to try Winamp - I just had Real Player as I found that it played some of the mpegs that MP10 wouldn't play so will give this one a shot

Cheers guys

Narc

ade.h 16:46 21 Apr 2005

If for any reason you don't get on with Win Amp (it is pretty good though) you could try Jet Audio from Cowon. It's a good little player that's worth having in place of Real because it can play Real audio and video streaming content, as used on Amazon among others.

pj123 16:46 21 Apr 2005

Snap, I hate Real Player as well. I use JetAudio free from click here
scroll down to the bottom of the page and select jetaudio Basic Download. Plays anything. You may need to set it up to play .ra .ram etc, which is easy. Once installed, open it and go to Preferences, File Type Association, in the right hand window click on Check All, Update, and OK and OK again. Next time you use it, it should play anything you throw at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?