Real Alternative as against RealOne Player ?

Daibus 16:25 13 Dec 2003

Would you guys recommend Real Alternative compared to RealOne Player, and if so what are the advantages and would the software let me access, for example, BBC radio stations?

Cheers.

MIke 16:40 13 Dec 2003

I hate the way real player "takes over" your pc, and have installed Real Alternative. It does work with BBCi, and uses what appears to be MS media player, but the version that came with Win 95. I.E. very very basic!!

But it does allow you to view real media files. I've had no problems with it I'm using XP Home.

Chegs ® 16:42 13 Dec 2003

Its main advantage over R-One is your puter is still in your control.I put R-One onto mine,it took over d/l's,games,every aud/vid file on my puter,and demanded access to the net at any opportunity.I have been using RealAlt for several mths to listen to net radio(BBC included)especially as its Plugins for Opera browser actually work(whereas the ones with R-One never have yet)

Pesala 16:55 13 Dec 2003

I found this freeware in the Downloads areaL
click here Maybe you can replace Windows Media Player and Real One Player with this.

Chegs ® 17:00 13 Dec 2003

Its not free,RealAlt is.Also RealOne is a bigger d/l than RealAlt(so is media jukebox)

From the d/l's page "Price:Free trial; $25 to keep"

Daibus 17:10 13 Dec 2003

Which is the site that Real Alternative should be downloaded from.

Thanks.

MIke 17:23 13 Dec 2003

I used this link
click here

MIke 17:30 13 Dec 2003

Or try here click here

powerless 17:33 13 Dec 2003

Were all probably used to just installing that appie in on in there.

Real is different to take control over it...Look what the options are at install/setup...

Daibus 17:51 13 Dec 2003

Thanks guys for your help.

Daibus 18:36 13 Dec 2003

Real Alternative fine but now Media Player 9 will not open at all '?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?