Reaktek HD Audio

Kaacee 20:17 12 Oct 2007

The audio sound from my realtek is connected via my monitor, this works fine but the sound is rather "tinny", i have tried to route the sound through 2 standalone speakers by disconnecting the line out to the monitor and replacing it with the lineout from the speakers, but even though the volume is turned fully on, i can only just hear sound from the speakers.

The speakers worked well on my previous desktop so i just wondered if someone could point me in the right direction to get these working on my new pc.

I dont want symphony orchestra sound, but i would appreciate a little bit better quality than what i am currently getting via my monitor built in speakers.

Thank you

Technotiger 20:20 12 Oct 2007

You probably need Powered speakers.

Kaacee 20:32 12 Oct 2007

Technotiger

Yes i thought of that and would agree but for the fact they worked on my old pc and they wernt powered then.......

woodchip 20:37 12 Oct 2007

Connect your HiFi then it should be ok. Can you close your other thread as you only need one running. thank's

Kaacee 20:44 12 Oct 2007

woodchip

Sorry but what do you mean "connect HiFi" ?

woodchip 20:58 12 Oct 2007

If you have a Hi-Fi unit connect that to the line out on the computer. Other than that you need powered Speakers, As it's the built in Amp that gives you volume. I have some powered that just works of my Laptop USB. No need to connect to mains through an adapter Some hear from Dell
£10 click here

Kaacee 21:11 12 Oct 2007

thank you woodchip fully understand now...

much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone