Reading addresses in Word 2003 from Outlook 2003

Jeffy 21:45 02 Dec 2004

Ho can i do this any ideas

VoG II 21:59 02 Dec 2004

A lot more explanation please!

Djohn 22:31 02 Dec 2004

Open word and click on the "Email" Icon on the toolbar. [If not there then open your toolbar options and add] A new toolbar will appear from outlook with the address book on it.

Djohn 22:33 02 Dec 2004

Assuming this is what you require? if not then as VoG™ says. More info please.

Djohn 23:44 03 Dec 2004

Thansk for that but when I found the E mial icon and load it it is faint that is when I click on it nothing happens...any more info please...?

=================================================

Sorry Jeffy, only read your email a short while back. Always better to reply back to the original thread then all forum members will see what has been suggested and tried.

Is the answer I gave what you are attempting to do? If so, open Outlook then tools/options/mail format tab and place a tick in the box, "Use Microsoft office word to edit email messages". This should (I think) make the Icon in word active. If it does then clicking on that Icon will bring up the address book.

Will you please confirm though that this is what your trying to do, I may have misread your question and looking for the wrong answer.

BRYNIT 02:19 04 Dec 2004

If you’re looking to insert addresses from outlook 2003 into a word doc you will need to put the address book icon onto the toolbar in word.

1. open word

2. go to tools customize

3. select insert on left

4. scroll down right until you come to address book

5. left click on address book holding down mouse button and drag up to toolbar

6. close customize

7. You can know click on the address book icon on tool bar, select contacts and all your address will be available just click on a name and the name and address will be inserted into the word doc.

Djohn 12:53 04 Dec 2004

Thanks for that BRYNIT I thought there was another way but couldn't quite place my finger on it. :o)

Djohn 12:56 04 Dec 2004

This method only works if you have Outlook as your default email client.

Alan2 16:27 04 Dec 2004

It works for Office XP (2002) as well.

Thanks BRYNIT.

BRYNIT 02:04 05 Dec 2004

Funny how a simple solution can help many.

if you are using outlook express address book for your E-mails you can export these directly into MS outlook 2002/3 click here for instructions

Jeffy 21:19 06 Dec 2004

Thansk all your help and sorry for delay but had to go away on business for a few days hence late reply...tried everything suggested but still cannot open sure its something to do with having Outlook as my default E mail client...and yes box is ticked...!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?