Read Receipts.

Bagsey 17:46 18 Aug 2009

I run our club website and also any group emails that are to be sent out (Funeral dates and times etc) I send out using IE6 and have set up my machine to ask for the recipient to send a READ RECEIPT. I put all of the read receipts that come back to me into a special folder so that I can count how many I get. Hopefully to see who did not receive my email. Although my system is set to automatically request a read receipt it appears that some of the members did not get the request. Can anyone explain how to correct this error please.

wiz-king 18:09 18 Aug 2009

It's up to the members, if they are not setup to receive the requests they wont see them. They need to set up their e-mail program to send/receive receipts.

wiz-king 18:15 18 Aug 2009

IF they use Outlook Express it is tools / options / receipts, bottom half of page tick 'notify'. The next time someone requests a receipt they will get up a box saying ' xx has requested a receipt and a vote for Joe yes/no boxes.

Bagsey 08:27 19 Aug 2009

Thank you for your help. Now I have to convince the members that change is a good thing. Wish me luck with that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?