Read receipt request automatically on only some em

palinka 11:14 30 Mar 2011

I use msgtag, because with many of my emails I need to know that they have been opened. Eg. notices of committee meetings, etc, for which there is no reply needed.
It works fine.
But there are some people for whom I need to attach a “Read receipt request” because their systems don’t trigger msgtag.
Is there any way that I can ensure that “Read receipt request” is included on those emails automatically? I tend to forget to add it manually (especially when I’m sending the same email simultaneously to several people).

Taff™ 11:23 30 Mar 2011

In Outlook you can set it to automatically ask for a read receipt for every e-mail which you could toggle on and off as required. Which e-mail client are you using?

palinka 11:33 30 Mar 2011

using Windows mail

wiz-king 14:18 30 Mar 2011

Read receipt only work if the receiver of the e-mail has it enabled, and I think it's all or put it on manually.

Taff™ 14:26 30 Mar 2011

Tools then Options and Receipts tab. wiz-king is probably right. I can change my preferences in outlook to reject any read request receipts.

palinka 15:16 30 Mar 2011

I know that read receipt isn't foolproof - the people who receive the email can choose to ignore it (and in my experience some don't even understand it)but what I want is a way of ensuring that I rememebr to put the request on certain emails but not on all (I want to put it on emails to the contacts that I know don't trigger msgtag). Thanks, Taff™, that's the standard method and I want something as automatic as putting the request on ALL outgoing mail but for just certain of my contacts, NOT all of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?