Read only staus on DVD

Newuser3477 17:17 25 Jul 2006

I am trying to transfer a large amount of data from an old computer to a new computer.Having burned "my documents" folder to a new recordable DVD -R using Nero, I find all files on this disc are now read only and I cannot move and use files on new computer.Can I change status of data on DVD rom or after transfering to new computer.
Unticking "read on" box in the properties window of the files does not allow me to chnage status
Help urgently required
peter
PS is there another way of transfering data via a DVD rom

FelixTCat 17:30 25 Jul 2006

Hi,

All files on a CD or DVD are automatically marked as "Read Only" because that is all that a CD or DVD is once it has been finalised.

Once the files have been copied to your computer the status can be changed, either file by file or in bulk.

If you have copied all the files to one directory, open that directory in Explorer, highlight all the files, then go to Explorer File - Properties. There is a box marked Read-only. I would suggest that you untick it and click OK and repeat the process to tick it, then untick it again. In my experience sometimes these tick boxes don't do quite what you expect if you have some files read only, some not.

Regards,

Felix

Newuser3477 19:13 02 Aug 2006

Sorry to delay reply but was on holiday
P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?