Re wireless lan on a Fujitsu Siemens amilo Li2735

LAPTOPBABE 21:16 25 Aug 2008

I have just got this new laptop and I find that everytime i shut down and start up again i have to use FN and F1 together to get the option to use the lan. I have been on the Siemans site and there are other people having the same problem. The fix is supposed to be to do an update for it which i have done but it is just the same. I have vista 32 bit of course. It is really annoying as my last laptop just connected automatically when I signed in. Does anyone know about this fault please? Thanks.

mgmcc 08:56 26 Aug 2008

Check in the Power settings in Control Panel in case there is a setting to disable wireless networking when the Laptop is shut down. Some Laptops have this feature to avoid unnecessary battery use when wireless networking isn't required.

Some Laptops also switch off wireless networking by default if mains power isn't present.

LAPTOPBABE 22:15 26 Aug 2008

I have checked in power settings and there doesn't seem to be anything to alter regarding wireless, also I don't think it should do what it does as there is something on the Fujitsu web site about it as i said but what they suggest doesn't seem to work. It is annoying as if there are any virus updates it tells me that i have no internet before i have chance to turn it on. Anyone else with any ideas? Cheers.

LAPTOPBABE 22:50 26 Aug 2008

I have just been on FS forum and apparently there is no way to keep wireless on on this model, which is a pain, I was misreading the info for another model. Sorry to bother you all.Thanks anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?