Re: This thread

pj123 16:21 07 Sep 2003

click here

Great, isn't it. No "thanks guys" or "that key worked". Just a tick!!! and I was about to offer him my PCA Cover Disk from PCA Mag January 2001 Issue 64 which has World Book 2000, which I have never used. So, it's now back in the rack.

Jester2K II 16:24 07 Sep 2003

Yeah some people are like that. What can you do??

pj123 16:33 07 Sep 2003

Jester2K II not a lot I suppose. Could name and shame them though?

Peverelli 16:36 07 Sep 2003

You already have. ;O)

mikef. 16:43 07 Sep 2003

We've been all through this before and unfortunately that's what has become of good manners all to often these days.:-(

[email protected] 16:48 07 Sep 2003

Having said that he is probably a silver surfer ;-)

mammak 17:00 07 Sep 2003

pj123 mabye they lost there manners along with the cd key . Mammak

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:17 07 Sep 2003

Has anyone considered that the person may have not been on the Net since asking the question? Contrary to popular, some people are not glued to the net;-)) Patience + virtue.

G

bremner 17:18 07 Sep 2003

There are other threads thsi weekend which have been ticked with no thanks or explanation as to what solved the problem.

This has always been the way of this forum and whilst it is frustrating not knowing what resolved a problem, I do find it unnecessary to pillary individual members who probably meant no insult to anyone by their ommision.

A generiac reminder that closing responses are helpful would surely suffice

The Nuclear Boy Scout 17:18 07 Sep 2003

Well... this is a forum to help people, and if your condition for helping someone is recognition in return, then perhaps you should join Experts Exchange instead. I know manners are important, and I feel a thank you is appropriate when people have responded to your question, but naming and shaming is a little excessive.

When I offer advice, I don't sit around waiting for my certificate in 'intellectual excellence'.

Why on earth has a thread been started to point out someone else's etiquette issues?

mikef. 17:19 07 Sep 2003

GANDALF <|:-)> must have been he/she has ticked it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017