re spawning adware

pmp71 15:14 23 Jul 2008

my children have been using msn and lime wire and have installed on the computer trojans and adware it was only when i went on pc that i found these problems it had got behind and switched off pc guard i managed to get it back on and scanned and found 2 trojans and deleted them i also have installed spybot, ad aware, spyware blaster and between them got rid of some more and finally used ewido online scan and found cookies and an ad agent restore program deleted all of those but when pc is booted up the ads come back when i am online slowing the pc down also the anti virus on the virgin pc guard keeps updating the virus definitions everytime i switch back has anyone any ideas

hiwatt 16:19 23 Jul 2008

Download and run click here free version.Go to start/run and type msconfig and see what's running at start up.You normally only need your antivirus,firewall,anti spyware etc.If there's anything there you don't recognise untick it.

brundle 19:17 23 Jul 2008

Virgin PCGuard is outclassed by other free products, remove it and install Avast or AVG (only one of the two) and a third party firewall. click here

rdave13 19:23 23 Jul 2008

Download and update Anti-malware; click here , and update superantispyware. Run both in safemode starting with Anti-malware. Reboot and clean-up with Ccleaner; click here .Read the help instructions on these programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Photo Editing Apps for iPad

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?