re-sizing pictures to e.mail

The Special One 21:56 01 Aug 2006

AHH!! My "confuser" has lost its little wizard that appears when you opt to email a picture offering to make pictures smaller. I've been to Help & Support, typed in "Email picture size" & chosen the first option. I've followed the instructions (actualy A responsible Adult has)Method 1.replacing the sendmail.dll file But in Method 2. Verify Registry Settings. My jpg bit doesn't have a PerceivedType to modify. Does this make sense? Can anyone help? Thank you!

Diodorus Siculus 22:00 01 Aug 2006

Try giving the system file checker a run

Insert the XP CD and go to

start

then

run

then
sfc /scannow

The Special One 22:28 01 Aug 2006

Thank you for your reply, followed your instructions & windows did its checking. Then it ended. Would it have shown an error message? My wizard still hasn't returned, do you have another spell?

Diodorus Siculus 22:34 01 Aug 2006

click here and look at number 269
Seems you save the below as a reg file and doubleclick on it. It will then merge with the registry and after a reboot you should be ok. Copy the below and save as image.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpeg]
"PerceivedType"="image"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
"PerceivedType"="image"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.bmp]
"PerceivedType"="image"

The Special One 22:41 01 Aug 2006

I shall try this tomorrow - too dangerous to let me loose on the confuser at this time of night, heavens knows the damage I could cause! Will let you know if we're cured. Thanx again!!

Diodorus Siculus 22:43 01 Aug 2006

It shouldn't cause a problem but best to be careful; good luck.

The Special One 20:48 02 Aug 2006

Diodorus Siculus - Thank you! Thank you! We're cured! 269 fixed the problem, thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone