re patitioning harddisk

celticbhoy0 19:52 12 Jan 2005

I have a computer setup with a single hard disk, this has been patitioned into two. One with windows xp installed, and the other for for general use. The first partition is very small and is full with software and upgrades which wont allow me to change their destination. Is there any way to remove the partition but keep the contents of both drives?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:55 12 Jan 2005

You need something like Partion manager to move the partition without destroying the data.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:57 12 Jan 2005

sorry that should read Partition Magic

Praxis99 11:22 13 Jan 2005

Its actually not a bad idea to keep your system and programme files separate from your data files ie on separate partitions.

So if as I assume your Windows and programme files are on C and your data files are on D I would personally leave as is.

However if you do want to remove one of the partitions then a programme like Partition Magic(which I use)will do this for you In my opinion you might be better off just using it to increase the amount of space on C drive without removing the partition completely since a drive running low on space will not perform so well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?