Re my earler post transferring photos problem

rawprawn 16:30 24 Mar 2004

Sorry guy's I have not solved my problem, as I said the camera was again connecting to the computer & I thought it was the card not seated properly. It worked fine for about 10 minutes then the connection was lost again. The only thing I can think of is that the USB lead from the camera to the comp is faulty. Is there any way to test it? I bought the camera from Amazon & looking at their site fills me with dread to try and get a replacement cable

christmascracker 16:38 24 Mar 2004

Can you not borrow one first to see if it the cable or not?

recap 16:43 24 Mar 2004

If it's just the standard USB cable use a spare from you scanner or printer.

anchor 16:49 24 Mar 2004

Here is a picture of it on the Kodak Site

click here

The camera end looks smaller than the usual USB printer cable. It may be cheaper to get a card reader.

rawprawn 17:03 24 Mar 2004

christmascracker, I don't know anybody with a similar camera.recap, it is not a standard usb cable. anchor you are right the end which goes into the camera is small & designed specially to fit that particular camera, can you tell me exactly what a card reader is ? & about how much they are. I have been to the Kodak help site & I am about to try their suggested troubleshooting. Thanks for the responses.

M@rk 18:07 24 Mar 2004

click here from google

rawprawn 18:18 24 Mar 2004

Thanks for the response, because I have just gone onto broadband I bought a powered hub which does not seem to suit all my hardware, is this card reader different. Sorry to seem a bit slow but this side is new to me.

M@rk 18:25 24 Mar 2004

Not to my knowledge its just one of many. If you have a argos near you you could try and return if its not suitable.

click here

rawprawn 08:13 25 Mar 2004

Thanks for the information, I think I will give it a try. I have got it working again, but it seems very hit & miss.

Fishbox 12:07 25 Mar 2004

rawprawn
If you want more information about connecting devices through a hub see click here
If you haven't already got a card reader do buy one.See the thread "digital cameras and memory card" posted by johnnyrocker and the reply by Stuartli to my query.

anchor 19:33 25 Mar 2004

There are cheaper ones, but not better ones, (in my opinion), than the Belkin. It`s what I use and have found excellent.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?