re firewall ?

FungusBoggieman 16:50 22 Jan 2009

is sygate personal firewall out of date and if so which free one is better
ps zone alarm will not install xp

thanks

birdface 17:50 22 Jan 2009

As far as I know Norton took it over.Comodo is one of the top Firewalls.You may have to turn Windows firewall on temporary until you remove Sygate Firewall.When you download Comodo it should automatically turn off Windows Firewall when it installs.

birdface 17:54 22 Jan 2009

Hmm.Not sure if you have to use the full free security suite or not.click here

DieSse 17:55 22 Jan 2009

Sunbelt (ex-Kerio)and Comodo both are good firewalls. Sunbelt has less in the way of "warnings - it tends to most things automatically. You get 30 days of their commercial version - then if you choose not to pay, it reverts to their free version.

Symantec Norton) took over the Sygate firewall two years ago.

DieSse 17:57 22 Jan 2009

Read the link more carefully - the free products section.

DieSse 18:00 22 Jan 2009

Teach me - I clicked the free firewall link - and it went straight to the security suite again!

Sorry - I have to change my recommendations - I hadn't seen that all links now lead to the full suite.

aine 18:28 22 Jan 2009

A point, connected with butemans reply. I tried commodo firewall. Decided I was not keen on it and deleted it. I am using windows firewall, if i click on the firewall button, this indicates that both firewalls are running? I deleted commodo using "add or remove", after this I tried to use revo, it could not find any trace of commodo. I am not trying to pinch your thread, merely letting you know to be careful if you delete it. Aine

birdface 18:37 22 Jan 2009

kerio.I think you download the full version and after a month it reverts to the free version.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?