Re-enabling task scheduler in windows me

big_papa_boogaloo 12:07 18 Sep 2004

i need some help. i disabled task scheduler completely and at the time, i didn't realised that it needs to bee running for system restore to automatically create checkpoints. i am using windows me and have had no help from the support section of microsoft.
is there a way to re-enable task scheduler or will i have to re-install windows?

also if i were to reinstall windows, where can i buy windows xp home/pro cheaply and not an oem disk, the retail version of it

neko 12:16 18 Sep 2004

Hello

To re-enable task scheduler.

Control Panel
Performance and Maintenance
Administrative tools
Services
Scroll down to Task Scheduler and right click
and click on start.

I hope this is all you need.

neko 12:19 18 Sep 2004

Sorry the lay out there wasn't quite how I typed it.

Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, Administrative tools, Services, Scroll down to Task Scheduler and right click. Then click on start.

big_papa_boogaloo 20:22 20 Sep 2004

thanks for the reply. but i cannot follow the steps as i do not have XP, i have Windows ME. is there somewhere in control panel where i can restart task scheduler?

neko 13:23 23 Sep 2004

Yeah sorry about that, I saw your last bit and XP stuck in my head.

I do not have ME but I think you will have to reinstall it from Internet Explorer.

Try add control panel,remove programs, select IE, I think Task Scheduler is there in 'add components'.

This message will bring this back to the top of the forum so maybe someone else will know better.

neko 13:25 23 Sep 2004

Should read

control panel, add remove programs :)

big_papa_boogaloo 14:08 26 Sep 2004

hi, i tried that but it tells me to go to windows update to get more components

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone