Re-assure me on System Backup - please

Chris the Ancient 17:30 29 Apr 2007

Running with Win XP. System (only) on a primary partition of C: and Data (only) on an extended partition logical drive of D:

Backing up my system onto an IDE, removable, HDD in a caddy with drives of E: and F:

For ages I used Norton Ghost 2002 because I liked the way it ran off a boot floppy disk, and was so quick.

Then I upgraded to Ghost 9.0. That seemed to create a backup - until the day I needed to do a restore! It wouldn't; so I had to do a system reload from scratch. Yeuchh!

So, I went back to Ghost 2002. And it _seemed_ to be backing up OK (not that I ever had to do a restore). Until today. It just seems to fail to read my system drive properly and bombs out of recording.

I believe that I may have to bite the bullet and go for Acronis True Image 10 as it seems to do what I want and I don't mind paying for a good image maker.

So...

* Is it good?
* Is it reliable?
* And, importantly, is it easy?

CtA

Pineman100 17:42 29 Apr 2007

If you're not too fussed about having the latest version of Acronis True Image, Amazon will sell you version 8.0 for about £12.00. It hasn't got the latest bells and whistles, but will still do what you want.

SANTOS7 17:43 29 Apr 2007

I have just recovered from a terminal failure of my HDD which cost me dear as my secondary HDD with my backup on it was corrupt, during the process of rebuilding upgrading and other things i purchased a copy of Acronis10 true image home, can't fault it its a superb piece of software (tis for me anyway) and should meet your needs,good luck...

Have to say i use it now with the confidence that if i need to restore my files Acronis will do the job.....

Chris the Ancient 17:45 29 Apr 2007

Ta!

Looking good so far.

CtA

flyboy 18:20 29 Apr 2007

Used V8 + V9, now on V10, running on 3 systems, now on two. well worth the money. Never let me down. Best on the market for me.

Chris the Ancient 19:42 29 Apr 2007

Based on the glowing reports, I've ordered v10.

Thanks for the feedback.

CtA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?