rc12overture problem

bobbybluenose 11:16 26 Nov 2010

hi folks,when i open up several pages i get thiemea.doubleclick.net/adi/com.ythome/_default;sz=970x250,960x250;klg=en-gb;kt=K;kga=-1;kgg=-1;kcr=gb;dc_dedup=1;kmyd=ad_creative_1;tile=1;dcopt=ist;ord=5258149644658462? might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this errors ,think is got something to do with, rc12overture, have tried in vain to fix this problem but have had no luck, can anybody point me in the right direction please, OS xp pro, cheers bbn

birdface 17:48 26 Nov 2010

Looks like you have had a long running battle with this problem.
Best bet would be to post in the Malware Removal Forum to get them to help you clear it.
Old thread.

click here

Malware Removal Forum.

click here

birdface 15:55 27 Nov 2010

Hi.Sorry but did not intend for you to close the thread I was just pointing out what may have been the quickest way for you to get it fixed.
Since you posted last in your other thread there may well be some sort of fix for your problem now.
If I find one I will post it on here for you but a quick look yesterday produced nothing.
Did you ever change your Host File.

birdface 16:27 27 Nov 2010

This is an example of what to expect.

click here

That is why I suggested using one of the Malware Removal Sites as they will help you get your computer back to normal.

birdface 16:57 27 Nov 2010

Or maybe give this one a try and see if it finds any problems.

click here

I think this one is mainly for Firefox.

birdface 16:58 27 Nov 2010

Looks like that last one was for Vista or XP did not mention Windows7

birdface 13:13 28 Nov 2010

Last attempt maybe try Combofix it can be downloaded from here.

click here

If that does not work I am afraid it would be best to visit one of the Malware Removal Forums for expert advice.
There are a few different ones out there including Bleeping Computers.Spybot.Malware Removal Forum etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone