Raw

podlod 07:58 01 Apr 2009

Hi, I have downloaded the Microsoft Raw files viewer, and although I have gone onto windows explorer and foung them, I cannot find out how to place my Raw photos or view them. How do I get my photos into the viewer if I do not know where the viewer is?

dogtrack 08:17 01 Apr 2009

It is a PLUGIN for "windows live photo gallery". So you will need to install that first.

Just a thought....if you have RAW files, then you should have the software that came with the camera. This will allow you to both view and edit. As well as convert them to JPG when you have completed any work you wish to undertake on the image(s).

podlod 09:26 01 Apr 2009

Hi, I have the Nikon CD software suite 2007, would that be it ?

dogtrack 15:49 01 Apr 2009

I am a CANON man myself, but yes that sounds like it.

Just run it and let it do its thing. You will then have full control of your RAW photos and more than likely your camera settings too. Like embedding your name in the EXIF, for copyright purposes etc.

If you want a good forum for Photography have a look here:- click here You can then find forums specific to your camera and or lenses you use.

podlod 09:53 08 Apr 2009

Hi, thanks for the forum, looks really interesting, I am sure it will help me out, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone