Ratios with FTP

Eraflooz 05:16 08 Jul 2003

Can someone either tell me or point me in the right direction? How do I establish a ratio with my FTP server? Rather, which FTP server software allows users to set a ratio? (shareware hopefully!)

Also, I want an fserve script that uses ratios...which one is best? Right now I am using Omenserve and/or SysReset...I also have a cool little FTP server. None of these methods will allow me to set a ratio however. The ratio question is mostly for my click here fserve is secondary...

Thanks again guys 'n'...You guys RULE!!

AndySD 05:49 08 Jul 2003

click here or click here but they are only 30 day trials

Eraflooz 06:05 08 Jul 2003

Cool, thanks for the reply...I have used the Bulletproof client before and it is actually my favorite client. I have never tried the server before but I am sure it is equally powerful.

However, I do need a freeware server. The one I am using right now is very small with no functions at all!! I am hoping to find one that provides control over security and ratios but all the decent server software is too expensive.

If anyone knows of a FREE FTP server with these features...please let me know!

Again, thanks AndySD.

AndySD 06:21 08 Jul 2003

click here as a starter

Eraflooz 06:35 09 Jul 2003

Just wanted to say Thank You AndySD...

That was exactly what I was looking for!! I remember seeing the name of this program in my travels but for some reason, decided it wasn't right...I was wrong!! It seems to be just about perfect. Nice job, thanks again!

Now it is on to security. How do I want to protect myself when running FTP from my computer?

Firewall? And if so, which one? Two considerations are capabilities and cost! Basically I want the most features without paying a dime? Any ideas?

AndySD 06:42 09 Jul 2003

ZoneAlarm click here or Sygate click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?