Ratings for routers

Alf58 22:34 23 Jun 2007

Anyone know of a website that compares performance of routers?

Dipso 23:46 23 Jun 2007

There are only two sites with router reviews that I know of and they are not very comprehensive and quite dated click here and click here

It can depend on what you want from your router, e.g. some are easier to configure than others, some are known to be better with longer lines than others, some have better wireless coverage, some have extra features that can be accessed to allow increased performance or stability.

A good all rounder is the Speedtouch 585. It is known to be stable with long (or shorter) lines, can be tweaked with the aid of a software tool to increase performance or stability and the wireless range is adequate.

Alf58 00:16 24 Jun 2007

Thanks for the info Dipso. I'm now in the process of migrating to ADSL 24 from BT. With BT matter how long I'm connected my speed is staying at 3200 kbps and I'm syncing at 4200. ADSL 24 are cheaper and work on monthly contracts. Thought I might try a new router as well once my need ISP is up and running.

Dipso 11:39 24 Jun 2007

ADSL24 is a good choice, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The first site I linked to belongs to one of the owners of ADSL24.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?