Rating System

Squall 17:01 27 Jan 2003

On most of the forums that I have seen/am a member of, there is usually a rating system. The more posts that you have the higher your level or rating becomes, you know the kind of thing that I am talking about.

Do people think that PCA would benefit from such a system? I am not sure myself but I am curious to see what everybody else thinks.

That said, what I do think is a good idea is what happens on the HP forums, where you can specify the areas that you have knowledge in. Then when you get a reply to a posting then you know if its a rough guess, or an idea from somebody with expertise in that area.

What do you all think?

Djohn 17:27 27 Jan 2003

Squall, This has been discussed many times and the general feeling is that, all is well with the site. Regards. J.

wee eddie 17:38 27 Jan 2003

DieSse, flecc et all should get a fanfare of trumpets whenever they post.

The number of posts does not give any indication of the quality of advice. Just read the rubbish I post for example.

The system of bumping posts to the head of the listings, when posts are made, is more than adequate and a few minutes reading will give one a good idea of the quality of each members posts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?