rasautou.exe help please

ole1999 16:25 20 Jan 2006

For the past few weeks now my broad band connection has been going off every 30 mins or so which is driving me crazy.

I have done various scans with escan , which has found nothing, i recently purchased a² and every 20mins or so it comes up with "While executing the program a² detected a possible malicious behaviour. The program is trying to establish a dial up connection. If this is not your Internet connection, fax or terminal software you should terminate the program "
C\WINDOWS\system32\rasautou.exe
I have done all the options it gives me, but it still comes back, i have googled the " rasautou.exe ", and it says
"rasautou.exe is the Microsoft Remote Access Dialler process. It is used by the system or by third party applications to manage modem connections. This program is non-essential process to the running of the system, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems. "

I am unsure what to do now, any help would be much appreciated, i am running windows xp.
Thank you

VoG II 16:38 20 Jan 2006

It could be a dialer that is using this program.

This is how to disable it click here

I suggest creating a System Restore point first.

ole1999 20:12 20 Jan 2006

Thanks VoG, i will try as you sugested and see how i go on over the weekend.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?