Rapport

Graham. 23:22 25 Feb 2009

My bank has recently advised I install Rapport click here. It is reputed to prevent access to your personal data.

woodchip 23:33 25 Feb 2009

That sounds a bit Extreme Graham. Like saying that there Protection is not up to the job.. I think if I got that I would not be doing online banking with them. it would all be done at the bank

Graham. 23:37 25 Feb 2009

It's not just your bank. You can activate it on all sites where you have to login. Your choice.

Graham. 00:20 26 Feb 2009

I'm new to Rapport, but I suspect you have to be invited to use it by your bank. Then you can apply it to any site where you do business, Amazon, for instance.

It's all about keeping one step in front of the enemy.

Technotiger 07:16 26 Feb 2009

I would try and find someone who may already be using Raport, then ask their opinion.

I would be very wary of something I had never heard of before.

Technotiger 07:17 26 Feb 2009

PS - why not contact Amazon and ask their opinion?

Graham. 09:20 26 Feb 2009

I'm already using it. It's another layer of protection.

Sea Urchin 16:35 26 Feb 2009

A colleague of mine was invited to download Rapport this morning, after which both IE7 and Firefox refused to function. It's not possible to uninstall it - it worms its way into your system like a virus, and can attach itself uninvited to other websites you use. There is also a feature to activate it on websites by choice. It's just taken me an hour and a half to get his PC up and running again, although of course Rapport is still there.

I spoke to NatWest Security department, and they admit that a large number of their customers are now unable to open their browsers and use the Internet. This link gives an idea of the problems

click here

Technotiger 18:28 26 Feb 2009

Try uninstalling it with click here

Sea Urchin 18:38 26 Feb 2009

If I'd had my way I would have used Revo, but my colleague thinks that if NatWest offered this security he would be wise to stick with it. Despite the fact that it almost wrecked his setup. :@)

Graham. 19:27 26 Feb 2009

To uninstall, Stop it in All Programs, reboot, uninstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?