Rangemax Next Wireless-N adsl+Modem Router

yankee786 22:19 04 Jul 2007

Hi Guys ,

I need help in installing this Netgear MODEM ROUTER ,
I am connected to internet with talktalk, Thomson,Speedtouch Broadband Modem, Which as one phone line,And the other is USB from modem in to computer;

How do I connect netgear ?

Any Help Will Do, or Should I Say Any Dream Will Do :

Regards

yankee786

FreeCell 10:23 05 Jul 2007

Connect phone line (through ADSL filter) to new router and then connect router to PC network connector using a network (ethernet) cable. If you are going to use router by wireless connection it is still preferable to perform initial set up using wired connection.

Use the Set Up guide and Smart Wizard CD that should have come with product. These contain full instructions and are more comprehensive than can be covered in response here to your question.

Link to Set Up Guide click here

If you intend to use wireless connection to router you are very strongly advised to set up wireless security to WPA-PSK.

If there are things not understood or problems, then post back for further help.

yankee786 12:16 05 Jul 2007

Thanks FreeCell,

I'll give it a go in my spare time, Have to go to work tonight,and now do bit of shoping

Once again Thanks,

I'll let you know if I am successful :

yankee786 18:20 08 Jul 2007

I am really fedup with this netgear rangemax next wireless-N adsl+ modem Router

I have tried every thing The SmartWizard, Manually setting ,I just connot get internet with thing cannot obtain an inernet IP address

There must be easyer way off doing this
POWER LIGHTS ---ON
A CHAIN LIKE LIGHTS --ON
INTERNET LIGHTS -----ON
wireless lights off ( how do you turn this on )
LAN LIGHTS ---ON

HELP, HELP, HELP,HELP,HELP, HELP, HELP, HELP,

FreeCell 14:33 09 Jul 2007

What O/S are you using?

Have you checked that any firewall is not preventing internet connection?

Lights look okay. Possibly have to use router software control panel to switch on wireless.

Can you connect to software control panel by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser address line?

yankee786 14:49 16 Jul 2007

I'm using window XP Home Edition,
I have checked and switched off fire wall,
I'have tried this 192.168.0.1 cannot connect all this way,

Some time I get through by using smart wizard [ But not all way ],up to where it gets the server address all that .

But then when you start to think I'have done it,
You trie to connect to internet, No it will not connect to internet, keep say no dail up tune

Where is this router software , How do I get into it to switch the wireless on ?

J B 16:04 16 Jul 2007

There is one other thing that you can do, look at the paperwork that came along with your router and find the phone number to their support help- line. They have a 24/7 operation 365 days a year and they will guide you through the installation. They are very good. If buy chance you don't have the number here it is for the U.K. 0870 112 1206 or you can call 01344 458 200 and select option 1 for tech support. Hope this helps. J.B.

FreeCell 17:24 16 Jul 2007

Sounds like you have a problem with the connection from PC to router, if the address http: //192.168.0.1 (without the space)cannot find the control panel in the router when you enter it in your browser address field. Need to resolve this first.

The control software runs only on the router and is not installed on your PC. Can you check that you have the cable connected correctly between PC and router, preferably using a known working cable. It has been known for cables to be non-functional.

Try to check connection by folowing
Select "Start" then "Run"
Type cmd into box and select OK.
Black box will appear type the following
ping 192.168.0.1
then hit Enter key. Should get report back giving details of connection timing. If you get Time Out message connection is not working.

J B 09:52 19 Jul 2007

Did you ever get your problem sorted out? J.B.

yankee786 16:51 20 Jul 2007

No JB, I have not got round to it as I work on night, I will give a go on saturday 21/07/07:

I'll get back to you then,time to go to work or I'll be out of job too,Speak to you later

Many Thanks

yankee786 16:01 21 Jul 2007

Thanks,Your information was very useful,I Rung in today, I was given step by step instructions,,Although he could not help me connect and gave me case number,But he did make me do one thing that is { Uncheck all the checked boxes example Automatic configuration/Manual configration boxes, + dailup boxes,

I then tried as last attempt wizard Guess what it did the Rest I'm know connected ALL THANKS TO YOU,AND ALL THE GUYS WHO GAVE ME ADVICE . Thanks Guys you are GREAT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone