Random system crash!! Help!!

User-6D9C7ECD-6DDA-4B14-9C396D58713D0EC1 16:34 28 Mar 2004

I am running XP Pro on an Athlon XP2200+ chip, MSI KM2M Combo MoBo, Radeon 9600 Atlantis graphics, AOL broandband with external BT USB modem. Ohh and 512 Mb of RAM (crucial).

In the last couple of days i have started having random sustem crashes with the blue screen of death.

Error report is roughly:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

Under technical details it sais:

STOP: 0x00000007 (0x00001E24,0X81FFBD88)

Then mentions something about a physical memory dump? Any ideas at all?

I did upgrade my graphics drivers a few days ago, but have removed them and reinstalled originals, no difference.

Duncan

Ohh and i should mention i have done a full virus scan (latest update this morning) have run Spybot and Ad Aware as well.

So hopefully nothing malicious is causing this.

Ohh come on people, i refuse to believe this is not an ideal brain teaser for digesting your sunday lunch to!!!

Mat2 16:56 28 Mar 2004

The error possible relates to the video driver, how did you uninstall the updated driver?

It is a possibility there might be some remains of the updated driver still causing the problems.

I used the ATI driver disk, to uninstall the drivers, then i rebooted and installed off the CD.

Any suggestions how to do a deep clean and reinstall?

Mat2 18:04 28 Mar 2004

Sorry for the delay on your reply. Have you tried in the Add/Remove programs to remove the driver, it should show it as ATI Video Driver. Then restart XP then reinstall the driver from original disk. Or you could try go into the control panal, device manager and uninstall the video card then restart Xp it should come up with found new hardware. Then install the driver thorough that.

Will give it a go Matt and report back with the results, though sometimes crashes up to 5 hours apart so might not be able to tell straight away.

Mat2 18:13 28 Mar 2004

Ok, Good Luck!

JerryJay 18:33 28 Mar 2004

The main reasons for Random system crash are (1) Overheat and system show down to protect CPU (2) some memory are bad (only crash when bad memory are used) or bad HDD sector (again only crash when bad sector used).

Jerry Jay

Heat....def not, CPU is 46 amd Mobo about 26. Ben tested with SiSoft and MSI kit.

Crucial memory...hopefully should be good

HDD....Excelstor 60GB 7200 rpm. ????

The error message above, is there a way of checking that spefic code somewhere, might give some more clues??

Cheers for the ideas

Mat2 22:01 28 Mar 2004

Hi

click here this link gives you a list of the common stop messages for XP.

Mat2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?