Random screen/keyboard erros

Ogbournestandrew 19:26 02 Mar 2007

This may sound too vague to provide assistance but...

For no apparent reason my keyboard stopped working today and now whatever I click on the desktop produces random results - Outlook opened 67 times, menus pop up from nowhere, explore opens 17 times and folder contents appear to open themselevs.

I thought a key was stuck on the keyboard to start with so I have changed keyboards, tried different mice, de-isntalled and re-installed the keyboard software.

I am currently using a PC networked to the doomed one so the PC seems to be working but if I click on anything on the creen all hell breaks loose on the display.

Thank you for reading this far..is there an obvious answer or have I been taken over by a virus?

Andy

can you start in safe mode?

Ogbournestandrew 19:34 02 Mar 2007

Hi

I tried to a couple of times - prsessing F8 as the machine starts up - but it wouldn't do it.

birdface 09:22 03 Mar 2007

When computer is starting just keep tapping F8 dont hold it down,I take it you cant run any of your Anti-Virus or Spyware programs,

Ogbournestandrew 19:40 04 Mar 2007

Sorry - I have been away. I tried tapping, holding and cursing and nothing worked. I have decided to get somebody in to look at the problem.

Thanks you for replying though.

Andy

PS Spyware & virus fiund zip thankfully

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?