Random order for photo slide show

EFC1878 21:49 08 Jan 2010

I am planning to produce a dvd slide show of photos to use at my daughters 18th party that will include pictures from across the 18 year period. Ideally I want to have a random order to this and wondered if it were possible to select the photos and then have an automatcially geenrated random order to them rather than having to mix them up indivdually

Grey Goo 22:04 08 Jan 2010

How will the slideshow be shown

EFC1878 23:16 08 Jan 2010

I intend to create a dvd file - with the audit and video files - and then playback through a projector via a dvd player connected to the projector

Grey Goo 00:12 09 Jan 2010

If you can connect a laptop to your projector you could use a free programme such as this to give a rolling slideshow. I think it is the player that creates "randomness" rather than a DVD.
click here

badhair1963 01:59 09 Jan 2010

Is this of any use to you? click here

hssutton 07:53 09 Jan 2010

ProshowGold has a slide randomize feature, but it's not a feature I've ever looked at. Also it's not one of the cheap slideshows, albeit IMO the best.

click here

Gongoozler 08:38 09 Jan 2010

I have done just this at a 60th party. I used Irfanview click here, and connected the laptop to a projection monitor. I copied the show onto the hard drive rather than showing the pictures from the dvd, I'm not sure how the randomising would work from a dvd, the access time might be a bit slow. A USB stick might be better. The only problem with randomising is that occasionally you will get the same picture repeated at short intervals. I did, and there's always some clever person who will tell you that there's something wrong with your computer.

eedcam 10:34 09 Jan 2010

Would think its unlikely you could put such a show ondvd most ore PC run .But if it hsa to be DVD why not do it in Chronological order inter spaced with Relevant Tunes /events /News headlines to suit

EFC1878 16:20 09 Jan 2010

If a create a dvd - I will use opinnacle studio - and make it dvd compatible with the video and audio files then surely it will work on any dvd player without the need for a pc or laptop/ I hope so anyway as I would rather not risk taking the laptop to the party...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?