Random disconnection and then reconnections.

nick_j007 11:55 19 Jan 2009

I run XP and a 3Com wireless network. My main PC is now 'hard-wried' as it used to give me so much hassle with losing the connection.

Even now though it will seemingly disconnect and then reconnect at random with no pattern etc. This has little impact on me except for when I am emailing (send or receive) and a break there will cause a hiccup.

I have just changed my router from channel 4 to Auto. I suspect it might be a channel issue as I have about three other networks around me. My neighbour resolved issues by changing his channel also.

Is Auto my best choice, or should I move about manually to find the best channel, and a stable connection please?

Thanks.

ambra4 12:17 19 Jan 2009

"Is Auto my best choice, or should I move about manually to find the best channel, and a stable connection please?"

Set a fix channel on the router and auto on the wireless device this way what ever channel you choose on the the router the wireless will connect automatic

nick_j007 20:30 20 Jan 2009

Ok. I understand the setting a fixed channel on the router part, but how do I set the device to Auto please?

I'm not hopeless on my PC, but that got me stumped already! perahps that does make me hopeless? !

Nick :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?