Since Ramdisk install, PC doesn't think its online

cyberphobic 18:27 24 Mar 2004

Installed Ramdisk on Monday after reading all the threads (I think it's a bit quicker but I'm not entirely convinced)Tried to update my AVG7 yesterday and it said "the internet connection has failed, please check ypur settings" Have now just tried Windows update (XP Pro) and it's saying that I'm not on line (my broadband is always on) I'm OK on system restore points (1 created) Anyone got any ideas on this please?

cyberphobic 22:28 24 Mar 2004

refresh

cyberphobic 22:51 26 Mar 2004

refresh further

Paranoid Android 23:20 26 Mar 2004

This is slightly odd behaviour. You could try disabling the device in device manager and see if that helps.

Marvin

bretsky 17:22 27 Mar 2004

Slightly confused as to why you need to use ramdisk at all as you have a BB connection.

I was under the impression that ramdisk was for 56k modem dailup users. {maybe I'm wrong on this}I would uninstall it and just stick to your normal BB setup.

I have ramdisk installed and have my own views and experiences which I will start a new thread in the near future.

bretsky ;0)

TommyRed 18:56 27 Mar 2004

I uninstalled the Ramdisk because it was screwing up my restore points. Not long after I got BB and everything is that much faster that Ramdisk isn't be required. TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires