Rambus memory help

farnz 23:45 21 Jan 2005

Hi,
I am looking for some help in buying extra memory for my friends comp.
It is a "Medion" computer, with a microstar LTD MS 6385 motherboard.
It has a 1.7Ghz Pentium P4 processor (400fsb?), with 4 memory slots.
Currently it has 128Mb of ram in one stick, with presumably (I have not opened case yet) a "dummy" stick to match it.
I cannot find much useful info on this board so far, but have been told it is probably PC800 memory, and probably non ECC.
The max memory for this board is 512Mb, ideally we would want to get 2 x 256 sticks, but I am not sure if it will only take 4 x 128Mb sticks or not.
Can anyone help?
I need confirmation of what memory sticks to buy (type/speed/parity?/ECC?) and also confirmation of how large a stick the board will take in each slot.
Many thanks
Farnz.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:57 21 Jan 2005

click here

type in the details of your motherboard on the crucial web site and it will find the correct memory for you.

Chezdez 23:58 21 Jan 2005

Main Memory

• Supports four 184-pin Gold-lead RIMM sockets.
• Supports a maximum memory size of 2GB.

thats what your memory can take, provided thats the coreect model of motherboard you gave me, got the specs from here click here

so, yes, it will take 4 X 128 stick, but it'll cheaper to just buy 1 X 512 stick

farnz 00:10 22 Jan 2005

Fruitbat,
Crucial do not sell rambus memory, I phoned them to check. That was my first port of call. They said it needs matched pairs to go in.

Chezdez,
That is the info I found, but it is not that board? (that may be newer/upgraded board?)
According to AIDA32/Belarc advisor, it can take a max 512Mb in 4 slots, and only has 128Mb in slot one.
Slots are 184pin banks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?