Ram file's for an Archers fan !

wallbash 00:14 07 Feb 2007

Please don't laugh , this is embarrassing enough .
Have been asked by the 'boss' to download 'decade of love' from the Archers BBC web site. This comes as a Ram file ( real player). Would like to burn to a dvd disc , so she can listen on the way to work.
Have Nero ??

TIA

Better still if someone could tell me that its illegal to make a copy !!!

PS please do not let on that the world stops at 7pm for 15 mins

Belatucadrus 00:46 07 Feb 2007

According to this click here the .RAM file just opens Real player and provides the link to URL for the clip, it doesn't contain the media as such, so burning it isn't likely to achieve much. How big is the file if 4kb then this seems most likely ?

Illegal ? maybe strange definitely.

baldtaco 02:45 07 Feb 2007

I'm not in a position to offer legal advice, but you should be able to get it playing with click here , and you can grab the output from your sound card with click here .

€dstowe 07:04 07 Feb 2007

I don't think the BBC's attitude on copyright has changed from when I asked them a few years ago.

Their reply was that they have no objection to people recording the BBC output FOR THEIR OWN PRIVATE USE.

The BBC was careful to emphasise that this applied to their own output and not to their re-broadcasting of commercial material to which they did not own the copyright such as feature films on television and commercially available sound recordings in any format on radio or television.

As The Archers is "home grown" there should be no problem.

keef66 10:39 07 Feb 2007

I can't see you knocking out hundreds of copies of that at the car boot sale on Sunday. I think fear of prosecution is unlikely to be a credible excuse for not doing it.

wallbash 11:09 07 Feb 2007

unlikely to be a credible excuse for not doing it.

Until I find a better excuse will be trying out baldtaco mp3 idea , thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone