Ralink Network Card Driver

lil27 22:06 19 Aug 2007

I have a Ralink RT73 802.11g Mini Wireless adaptor inside my laptop.

I have done a search automatically for updated driver software and the driver I have is as follows:-

Version 3.0.3.0
Dated 31.1.07
Driver by Ralink

Does anyone else have an RT73 Ralink network card using Vista and if so, what are the driver details?

Thanks,

Lil

Dipso 23:02 19 Aug 2007

I have the same card and Vista. My driver details are exactly the same as yours.

It seems there is a later driver version available on the Ralink site v3.0.7.0 released this month click here

lil27 22:04 20 Aug 2007

Dipso,

Does everything function ok with your wireless connection i.e. . Mine is ok but struggles with signal strength between router and laptop. Router is upstairs and signal is poor when downstairs with laptop. Standard 3 bed semi and not a mansion. I cannot detect any other networks in my area when i know they are there (my neighbours laptop in my house detects several networks). I think my RT73 is faulty.

Thanks,

Lil

Dipso 22:34 20 Aug 2007

It functions OK but I am in the same room as the router and only about 3 metres away and I have a router with an extended wireless range.

Do you have the Ralink wireless utility? This is from the link status page of mine click here how does it compare to yours?

I haven't had a Ralink card before but noticed in another one of your posts that someone said they were supposed to perform well. Not having a directional antenna is one disadvantage of these type of cards.

lil27 22:53 20 Aug 2007

Dipso,

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver (from the link you posted). 100% improvement in my signal strength. I am measuring 100% signal in the room next to router (on the wireless utility). I now get a good/normal reception of about 55 - 60% downstairs. Previous was about 15-20%.
After about 2/3 weeks of fustration with this problem, my faith in PC's has been restored.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Lil

Dipso 23:04 20 Aug 2007

Glad you got a positive result! If the driver worked that well for you I will probably go for it myself...you're welcome!

Dipso 10:05 21 Aug 2007

Upgraded to this driver myself last night and found it improved things for me too...the accompanying spiel didn't mention any improvement to the range so I hadn't bothered before. Will test it out at distance when I get an opportunity but looking good so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?