Raid mirror set-up

daft1druid 13:00 14 Nov 2010

Hi. My main problem is that I don`t know how to instal 2 new 500Gb sata drives in a mirror formation. I already have a sata drive installed, but it seems to be failing. I need to instal the 2 new drives, then copy all data from the old drive to one of the new ones. Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks

GaT7 14:37 14 Nov 2010

What's your motherboard make & model? With this you can determine whether it supports RAID in the first place. If it does, its manual (PDF if a hard copy is unavailable) should have detailed instructions on setting up RAID.

So start by telling us your motherboard's make & model. G

daft1druid 14:58 14 Nov 2010

tHANKS FOR THAT. tHE ONLU PROBLEM IS THAT i BOUGHT THIS SECOND-HAND, AND AS YET THE GUY HASN`T BROUGHT ME THE MANUAL, SO i`M NOT SURE WHAT IS IN THERE

bremner 15:01 14 Nov 2010

What is your operating system

GaT7 15:22 14 Nov 2010

I'm only asking for the name & model number, not what's in it. This is usually printed on the top side of the board, &/or on a label on the under side.

I've purchased many secondhand motherboards in the past - some came with a manual, some didn't. For the latter, I've always been able to download a PDF copy of the manual from the motherboards' websites.

It may be harder to find out if it came out of a readymade system that you don't know the make & model of, but its BIOS will usually give it away. You can also ask the previous owner. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?