Radio-TV dongle info

spuds 15:37 23 Oct 2010

I have been looking at some 'World-wide Internet Radio and TV' dongles that are advertised on eBay.

Thinking of sending off for one, but require information as to their true worth.

Any help or advice would be very welcome.

GaT7 15:48 23 Oct 2010

Doesn't look too promising spuds. From an eBuyer reviewer at click here:

"Not quite what it says on the tin. The radio is very good with lots of channels to choose from. I especially liked the blues stations from the USA but not much else. The option to record is good.

Do not buy this if you're looking for a way to get around subscription channels such as Sky Sports, you still have to log in. The choice is mainly from Asia and the Middle East with very few European channels. When you do find something that looks good then the viewing area is very small and not really watchable for too long. Many of the choices simply take you into the tv channels web site where you could watch streaming for free anyway.

All in all a bit disappointing but worth it for the radio alone."

More reviews at Amazon for similar devices click here. G

spuds 16:16 23 Oct 2010

Crossbow7

Thanks for the response. Just had a look at the reviews, and it would appear to be an either 'you like it or hate it' device. What I wanted it mainly for was the overseas radio and music listening channels. I note that one person stated that it was good on the direct American jazz and Asian stations, which takes my fancy.

For £4.00/£5.00 including delivery with Buy Now on eBay, it looks like I will be sending away for one, unless someone convinces more other wise!.

GaT7 16:18 23 Oct 2010

In that case you cannot go wrong for £4-5 - happy listening :-), G

Have a look here, there may be something for you to download.

Have a look here, there may be something for you to download.

forgot link!! click here

forgot link!! click here

spuds 16:54 23 Oct 2010

undyer

Thanks for the link, just had a quick look, and will look further later.

But you must get something done with that keyboard or trigger finger ;o))

Crossbow7

Think I agree, £4-5 isn't going to break the bank, this week at least.

It's not me!! I click the POST RESPONSE only once and quickly so that there can be no lag on the button.

It's not me!! I click the POST RESPONSE only once and quickly so that there can be no lag on the button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone