Radeon Graphics card

dazza39 10:37 23 May 2003

I have a Radeon 7500 card installed i have seen cactylyst drivers is this to upgrade it,if so will i have to uninstall my old drivers first?.

On another subject whats best Windows XP upgrade as i have Win 98SE installed already or full OEM i don't really want to lose my files by doing a clean format.

MartinT-B 11:17 23 May 2003

You can buy an yupgrade and still do a full install.

XP will just ask you to put the original disk in to check your previous OS. It won't take any files from it.

IMHO XP will work more efficiently as a clean install.

I know it's a bore, but my advioce is to bite the bullet, back up, and then install.

dazza39 11:39 23 May 2003

Thanks something to think about.

The Spires 11:41 23 May 2003

You need to uninstall your old drives for the Radion, this is easily done via 'Add Remove Programs'. As regards XP, it is the best way to install from scratch, if you boot from the XP disk the installer will take you through the format process.
Whatever you decide on you must back your files up first as no upgrade is infallible. You may want to make sure your hardware, printers scanners and the like have XP drivers available before you start. There is information regarding this click here
You may want to borrow an XP disk if you do not have one & run the Microsoft Compatibility test to check on your existing hardware for issues. This is quite legal providing you buy a XP disk for the installation.

MartinT-B 11:42 23 May 2003

BTW

Yes.

Itis much better to un-install catalyst drivers before insalling new ones.

dazza39 11:48 23 May 2003

ok guys thanks for the advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?