Radeon 9250 Graphic Card Installation Problem

hullguy28 13:05 07 Mar 2006

Hi I have just purchased a club 3d radeon 9250 pci graphics card and like manufacturers they make the instalation. I have a hewlett packard 8635 pavilion running windows xp and have an onboard graphics chipset of intel 82810 running a celeron processor.

I have disable the onboard graphics as this can be described as a fault and tried numerous other things but always come back to the same fault of "Graphic drivers not compatible with the graphics adaptor on the computer".

Can anyone help as im puzzled and very annoyed with the fault.

Thanks.

Stuartli 13:09 07 Mar 2006

You are probably trying to run the graphics card using the existing onboard graphics drivers.

Go to:

click here

and download (from the Low Speed section) the Display Driver Only (Ver4sion 6.2) download.

This will/should get your card up and running once installed. You are unlikely to need the Control Centre drivers and iNET.

By the way, this link now also provides drivers for Windows Vista.

hullguy28 15:39 07 Mar 2006

I have the proper istallation disk which came with the card i have also tried downloading the catalyst from the ati website but still get the same response

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?