WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?
I have copied this from
"FREE BETA VERSION of this remarkable and easy to use product is available for use, simply click here! Works with Windows 95 or higher. The download takes only a few qwik seconds.
Download for FREE NOW!
Qwik-Fix™ provides another layer of essential security by closing off the pathways that worms and viruses use to penetrate your PC.. It does not affect any of your virus programs, firewall or other programs. Had users installed Qwik-Fix™ on their PC’s, the recent LovSan/MS Blaster worm and the Sobig virus would have had no impact on them. And, it will close the doors that the next worm will try to enter thru to infect and spread its payload."
I have just installed and trialling on Win98Se.
So far no problems.
Anyone else come across this utility?
Seems a good idea during these troubled by virii times.
Maybe the thread title is boring?
I'll keep on trying, there must be someone out there who has come across this FREE utility??
Is this a record as the most boring thread?
This provides some more information---Ive just put it on my pc to give it a try.
Anyone come across this before?
Welcome aboard gudgulf.
I have had some minor issues on Win98se:
1. When I first installed Qwik-Fix, I chose to install in D:\Program Files and not in C:\ where my OS Win98se is installed.
2. Installation went smoothly and all folders & files for Qwik-Fix are in D:\Program Files.
3. I have since checked MSConfig StartUp and found the entry for Qwik_fix to be: "C:\Program Files\PivX Qwik-Fix\QwikFix.exe" splash
4. This explains why I had no indication / splash screen on booting up. When I double clicked the Desktop icon, this launched the program.
5. I have now changed the MSConfig StartUp to read: "D:\Program Files\PivX Qwik-Fix\QwikFix.exe" splash
6. On booting into Windows, the splash screen comes up and program launches correctly.
7. However, I still have some conflict "Explorer performed illegal operation and will be closed down" when launching my ADSL internet connection.
(Alcatel USB ADSL Modem)
8. Error details:
EXPLORER caused an exception c06d007eH in module SENS.DLL at 016f:6010857f.
EAX=0121ed2c CS=016f EIP=6010857f EFLGS=00000246
EBX=00000000 SS=0177 ESP=0121ecf0 EBP=0121ed20
ECX=aef830d8 DS=0177 ESI=60101320 FS=4f7f
EDX=0000005d ES=0177 EDI=00000000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
8b 45 f8 e9 dc 8c ff ff 6a 08 6a 40 ff 15 3c 10
0121ed48 00000d74 0121ff58 00000024 60101320 6010a054 60103210 00000001
6010868a 00000000 00000000 00000485 0121fad0 60102a94 00000010 0121ecfc
9. Other tasks running: SpywareGuard, AVG, ZoneAlarm and Dialer Control
10. The solution is to Disable Qwik-Fix prior to shut down. Once booted into Windows and internet connection established, then enable Qwik-Fix.
Received reply from PivX:
"Thank you for the feedback and for helping us test this initial beta of Qwik-Fix.
It sounds as if your crash in EXPLORER.EXE is caused by contradictions between the updating logic of Qwik-Fix and the lockdown from either ZoneAlarm or AVG.
We are currently preparing to launch Qwik-Fix Pro, the followup to our successful beta, and I am glad to tell you that the issues you have reported are fixed in this new version. The installer has been changed, the splash screen and icon work perfectly and the updating logic has been changed completely so that it does not interfere with any other security solutions such as ZoneAlarm and AVG."
I'll have to wait to try out the Qwik-Fix Pro.
Seems to be running error free on my pc --xp pro,norton internet security 2004 ,dial up modem connects ok.
I'm wondering if the extra protection is actually needed ,however I suppose prevention is better than cure and free in this case too.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.