Quicktime problems

Khyron 05:45 05 Jun 2008

I recently installed Starry night enthusiast on my laptop running xp sp2 and had to install the qucktime that came with it (6.3). When I go to use the Starry night program a message comes up saying "Quicktime application is not currently installed on your computer,which means you may not be able to play certain music & video files using quicktime file formats.Would you like to install it now?" When I click on yes it tells me it's installing and when it's finished and I open the Starry night again I get the same message. When I double click on the Quicktime icon I get the message "Quicktime failed to initialize Error #2095". When I uninstalled Starry night and Quicktime and then re installed them the same thing happens.....even after a system restore.......even tried a newer version of Quicktime and still the same thing....Ran a scan and there are no viruses or other problems....and I've got plenty of memory......any suggestions ?

MCE2K5 22:14 05 Jun 2008

click here Post #2

Khyron 01:32 08 Jun 2008

Didn't work......installed the standalone version, same thing, uninstalled and tried the one with itunes, same thing, ininstalled that one because everytime I install itunes it disables my cd/dvd drive(don't know why) so have done another system restore so my dick drive will work but am still left with the original quicktime problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?