Quicklaunch icons lock them in place

FatboySlim71 21:02 11 Aug 2008

I have around 20 icons on my Quicklaunch area, I have arranged these in my preferred order. I was wondering if there is a way to protect the icons from getting moved around/mixed up?

I have Vista Ultimate.

Thanks.

FatboySlim71 23:18 11 Aug 2008

bump

brundle 23:23 11 Aug 2008

Lock the taskbar? click here

"The dotted lines will dissapear and the Taskbar plus the Quick Launch icons will remain as they are. You won't be able to move or remove any of them, not even by accident."

I'm not 100% sure that statement is true but it's not something I've ever noticed being a problem, new q/l icons usually get after the last/final one in my experience.

FatboySlim71 23:27 11 Aug 2008

Thanks for the help brundle, but I have just locked it and I am still able to move the icons to a different position.

brundle 23:29 11 Aug 2008

Yes, I can do the same on XP now you mention it. Do you mean you want to protect them from someone else moving them, or system changes suddenly re-arranging them?

FatboySlim71 23:38 11 Aug 2008

"Do you mean you want to protect them from someone else moving them, or system changes suddenly re-arranging them?"

There has been rare occasions where the icons have been re-arranged for some unknown reason, no one else has access to the computer so I know that no one else has moved them.

So my main concern would be to protect the icons from getting moved around for example if a system change or a program had messed the icons up or similar event.

brundle 23:42 11 Aug 2008

I can only suggest something like TweakVI free, it may have an option to fix the icon positions. click here

FatboySlim71 23:47 11 Aug 2008

Thanks brundle I'll give it a go and I'll update when I have had a chance to see if it will allow me to do this. Thanks again for the help.

I am Spartacus 00:53 12 Aug 2008

Although TweakVI has a setting 'Don't allow customizations of toolbars' it doesn't seem to work, just tried it and rebooted but I could move the icons around.

However it is still an excellent Vista registry tweaker.

FatboySlim71 08:34 12 Aug 2008

Thanks for that I am Spartacus.

FatboySlim71 09:24 12 Aug 2008

Thanks Marg7 I may try that out. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?