Quicken XG/2004 no longer imports QIF

WaTcHiNg 19:46 13 Aug 2006

I have just returned from holiday and tried to import my latest downloaded statement from my bank into Quicken 2004 (XG). When I select the import QIF option I receive an error message that:
Your Quicken QIF functionality license has expired. Before you can use Quicken QIF functionality, you need to renew the license. Do you want to do that now. Neither the Yes or No option can get me to a renewed position and with Intuit no longer supporting UK customers what can I do to get around this?
The software has worked fine for 2 years but to now find out that my 6 years of financial data is locked into a program which won't let me export or import new transactions is somewhat disappointing.

vinnyT 13:59 14 Aug 2006

Sorry can't help, but will <bump> you up to page 1

vinnyT 14:07 14 Aug 2006

Just a thought (I was about due) why not take a look at the American site it's still supported other there.

Here's the support page for Quicken 2004, click here

Looks like you want the third one down.

Hope it helps.

WaTcHiNg 17:06 14 Aug 2006

After receiving a rather terse response to the effect that the UK isn't supported any more I remembered that Intuit sent me a CD when they wrote to me advising of the drop support. This is a Quicken 2004 Release 2 (as opposed to the Release 1 which was the latest available to download). I have now uninstalled R1 and installed R2 and full functionality has been returned!

Here's hoping it doesn't fail again in 12 months time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?