Quicken Replacement ?

Blott 16:38 21 Apr 2008

I have been using "Quicken" for nine years now. Very good prog but I understand that it is no longer supported and also that it will not run with "Vista" (what will, ?).

So am looking for a replacement. Must be able to import my present Quicken database. Major investment portfolios, forecast of capital gains, flight bookings to off shore tax havens etc not needed - just normal home accounting.

Have heard "MS Money " would be good.

Any comments please ?

Regards to all
Blott

pj123 16:49 21 Apr 2008

Moneybox 32 is free.

I have been using this for some time now and I have successfully imported my Quicken files.

click here

David4637 20:14 21 Apr 2008

I thought some people had managed to install some earlier versions of Quicken on Vista?
There was a thread on this subject many months ago? David

grumpy-git 21:29 21 Apr 2008

Quicken 2001 works on my Vista laptop, no probs installing or running it.

brambles 21:35 21 Apr 2008

Blott - there was a lot of discussion about this. From my own experience I am running Quicken 2001 on Vista without any problem. You are correct there is no longer any support on this.
I took the precaution of buying Microsoft Money - but even this is no longer supported by Microsoft
- I think Money 2006 was the latest.

Anyway I bought Money 2004 - just in case and it does succesfully convert all Quicken files & imports them into Money.

I'm running both it's not difficult but do try your Quicken on Vista

Brambles

David4637 16:37 22 Apr 2008

I have Quicken 2002, can you tell me whether it will run on Vista? I currently have XP, so it would be useful to know. Thanks David

iscanut 17:02 22 Apr 2008

Money 2005 has not been updated by Microsoft and is no longer supported by them in the UK. It's about time MS did something about it and PC Pro magazine ( sorry PCA !! ) are running a campaign about it. However, if you can find a copy, it still works Ok in spite of backups being offered to floppy disk !

Newuser38 18:17 22 Apr 2008

click here this is the thread referred to above. Quicken deluxe 2000 does work and others have other versions running. It does seem that once again UK is left behind.

Margo66 20:49 22 Apr 2008

I have quicken release 2 CD 2004 and that work fine with Vista

dawgvand 19:53 04 May 2008

Are you able to update your accounts on your old versions of Quicken. I have 2005 and as of April 2008, it won't let me update my accounts unless I buy an updated version of Quicken.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?