Quicken 98 registration - info in registry?

astral traveller 10:05 08 Feb 2003

Hi, I've got Quicken 98 installed and registered on my old pc. I want to install on my new pc (am going to delete from my "old" pc as soon as possible). I have to register again, have tried via the internet but not been able to establish the connection - don't know why, tried via phone line but not open at weekends. Anyone know if I can retrieve the registration number off my "old" pc and how - is it in the registry? I've had a look and can't find it there.

Dodger148 13:13 08 Feb 2003

I had the same problem with a later version. But fortunately I had copied the program, and files onto a cd prior to updating (98SE to XP) So I just copied off the cd back onto the hdd.
There is a file, cant remember where the info is held

astral traveller 14:27 08 Feb 2003

Thanks, I tried that, I copied the quicken files from my "old" pc and put them on my new pc. But when I run the program it says I must register. So I guess when you register, the information must be stored in the windows registry, I am still able to access my "old" pc - but I can't find the info in the registry - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? Everytime I try to solve this problem I use up one of my allocated amount of accesses before I need to register. I've got 5 more uses before it will cease! I can try and contact Intuit by 'phone to get a registration number but they are only open weekdays 9 to 5.30 and it's difficult to do this as I'm at work at this time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?